80:20 - THE BOOK
Find out more at: www.8020.ie
80:20 Development in an Unequal World is a development education resource designed and written by an international
group of authors and educationalists to provide an introductory and accessible overview of development and human
rights issues today. It is now in its 6th edition and is extensively used by universities, schools, adult and
youth organisations as well as by NGOs. It has its origins in Ireland but is now used internationally in, for
example, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, India and Ireland.
80:20 Development in an Unequal World the book has...
- 16 chapters
- 12 originally art-worked double page infographics by Dylan Creane
- 9 cartoons provided by Martyn Turner & John Clarke (Brick)
- Full page photography by Gareth Bentley and Garry Walsh
- Third World perspectives & authors
- 'Debate' pages - arguments for and against
- Completely revised content with new chapters on justice and development; women's rights; human development today; resources; conflict and development; art, literature, music & development
- Case studies, information boxes & tables and much more...
80:20 support DVD has...
- The entire book in a keyword searchable format
- 100+ ideas and activities directly linked to the content
- 20 'starter activities' to initiate enquiry
- 36 posters & 16 playable videos featuring different themes or issue-driven campaigns
- an annotated guide to 30 plus websites for additional information and materials